Trees for Tomorrow increases Delta's green canopy
while adding natural beauty to your home and neighbourhood. You choose the tree(s), we plant them where they will be safe and thrive, and you water them for three years until they are established.
What is Trees for Tomorrow?
Delta is committed to increasing the municipal tree canopy and taking action for positive environmental change. The Trees for Tomorrow program invites Delta homeowners to request one or two trees to be planted on municipal property immediately adjacent the side and front of their property. The homeowner chooses the tree(s), and as long as the chosen tree is a suitable fit for the property, Delta will purchase and plant it. Homeowners must commit to watering the new trees after planting; this is an essential part of the program's success.
How does it work?
- Choose a tree or trees from the illustrated list of eligible trees (3 MB)
- Complete the Trees for Tomorrow application form (483 KB)
- Mail, fax, scan and email, or drop off the application form as noted on the form
- Delta staff will ensure the site is suitable for the tree(s) you've chosen.
You will be called if there are any concerns
- Delta staff will contact BC One Call and confirm there are no utility conflicts
- Delta staff will plant the tree, stabilize it and provide additional soil as required
- You will water it as directed and let Delta know if any concerns arise about the tree(s)
What kinds of trees can be planted?
Delta has selected a variety of species eligible for this program. They were chosen based on four main attributes:
- Will thrive in our climate
- Easy maintenance
- Provide maximum tree canopy
- Good street trees
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-946-3260.
This program is a partnership between the Province of British Columbia and the City of Delta.