About Delta Parks, Recreation & Culture Playtime Programs
Delta playtime programs are play-based programs designed to develop preschool-aged children both socially and emotionally in a secure learning environment. Our program emphasis is on play, basic science/math, language, social studies, and cooperation.
Where is it held?
Who can attend playtime programs?
- For 2017/18, children born in 2013 and 2014 are eligible to attend
- For 2018/19, children born in 2014 and 2015 are eligible to attend
When do playtime programs run?
- Playtime starts the week of September 11, 2017 and ends the week of June 12, 2018
- Christmas break and spring break will be the same as Delta School District
- Playtime will operate on school Pro-D Days
- Classes run:
- Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday mornings 9:15–11:15 am at North Delta Recreation Centre and Pinewood Leisure Centre
- Monday/Wednesday or Tuesdays/Thursdays afternoons 12:30–2:30 pm at North Delta Recreation Centre and Pinewood Leisure Centre
- Monday/Wednesday mornings 9:15–11:15 am at Ladner Community Centre
- Friday mornings 9:15–11:15 am are available only to people already registered in any of the above classes at any of the locations.
How and when do I register my child for Playtime Program?
- Call 604-952-3000
- Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for 2017/18 is ongoing. Registration for 2018/19 playtime opens Jan 15, 2018 for Delta residents and Jan 18, 2018 for non-Delta residents.
What are my payment options?
- Playtime can be paid in an equal payment plan
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cheque, Cash or Debit Card are accepted for the first payment
- All subsequent payments, by post-dated cheques or pre-authorized credit card, dated October 1, November 1, December 1, January 1, February 1, March 1, April 1 and May 1
Anything else I need to know?
- Delta’s playtime program is not licensed
- Children must be toilet-trained
- There will be a nominal fee for field trips
- It is a peanut- and nut-free environment
- A complete package of information and forms will be mailed to you prior to the start of classes