This application was approved by Council at the July 10, 2017 Regular Meeting. A portion of the municipally-owned North Delta Recreation Centre property at 11489 84 Avenue has been purchased by the developer and will be consolidated with the adjacent properties at 11503 84 Avenue, 8447 and 8455 115 Street in order to accommodate the development of two multiple family residential apartment buildings ranging in height from four- to six-storeys and two three-storey townhouse buildings. Funds from the land sale, in addition to an amenity contribution from the developer, will help finance the construction of a new arts centre adjacent to the North Delta Recreation Centre. Vehicle access to the development will be from a new driveway off of 84 Avenue that will be shared with North Delta Recreation Centre and the new arts centre.
July 10, 2017: Council considered and adopted Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 7585, Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 7586, Road Closure and Cancellation Bylaw No. 7637; and issued Development Variance Permit LU007852 and Development Permit LU007852.
February 6, 2017: Council gave Third Reading to Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 7585, Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 7586, Road Closure and Cancellation Bylaw No. 7637; approved the Purchase and Sale Agreement and the Memorandum of Understanding between Delta and the developer; waived the requirement to provide cash-in-lieu of park land; and approved Temporary Use Permit LU007852 for a sales centre for the proposed development. Minutes of the meeting can be found here.
January 31, 2017: A Public Hearing was held at the North Delta Recreation Centre regarding the application. Following the Public Hearing, consideration of Third Reading of the project Bylaws, development variance permit and temporary use permit was deferred to the Regular Council Meeting on February 6, 2017. Minutes of the Public Hearing can be found here.
January 16, 2017: At the Regular Meeting of Council, the application was referred to a Public Hearing to be held at 6:00 pm at the North Delta Recreation Centre Gymnasium. A speakers list will be available for the public to sign at the entrance to the venue commencing at 4:30 pm. A copy of the Public Hearing Notice can be found here.
January 10, 2017: The application has been revised by reducing the proposed number of apartment units from 124 to 110. The proposed number of townhouse units would remain the same at 12. The applicant’s request to vary parking requirements has also been withdrawn such that the proposal fully complies with “Delta Zoning Bylaw No. 2750, 1977”.
November 8, 2016: A revised application was submitted to Community Planning & Development. Two properties at 8447 and 8455 115 Street have been added to the subject site and the number of dwelling units has increased. The revised proposal includes a total of 124 apartment and 12 townhouse units.
Type: Official Community Plan Amendment, Rezoning, Road Closure and Cancellation, Development Variance Permit, Development Permit, Subdivision and Temporary Use Permit. 1. Official Community Plan Amendment
- To change the Future Land Use Plan designation in Schedule A for the subject portion of municipally-owned property at 11489 84 Avenue from S Institutional and the properties at 8447 and 8455 115 Street from R One and Two Unit Residential respectively to MR Multi-Unit Residential; and
- To change the Future Land Use Plan designation in the North Delta Area Plan for the subject portion of municipally-owned property at 11489 84 Avenue from S Institutional, the property at 11503 84 Avenue from MGR Medium Density Ground-Oriented Residential, and the properties at 8447 and 8455 115 Street from ISF(ND) Infill Single Family Residential (North Delta) respectively to a new multiple-family residential designation to be named MDR(DG) Medium Density Residential (Delta Gardens) that would permit a maximum 2.4 floor space ratio, density of 220 units per hectare (81 units per acre) and height of six storeys.
- To rezone the subject portion of municipally-owned lands at 11489 84 Avenue from P Public Use and the properties at 11503 84 Avenue, 8447 and 8455 115 Street from RM1 Multiple Family (Duplex) Residential respectively to Comprehensive Development Zone No. 475.
3. Road Closure and Cancellation
4. Development Variance Permit
5. Development Permit
- To vary the minimum setback from the centre line of 84 Avenue from 21.0 m (69 ft) to 16.5 m (54 ft)
- A development permit is required to address form and character design requirements and guidelines of the ND12 Nordel Social Heart Development Permit Area.
7. Temporary Use Permit
- To consolidate the subject portion of the municipally-owned lands at 11489 84 Avenue with the adjacent properties at 11503 84 Avenue, 8447 and 8455 115 Street
- To allow a commercial real estate office operation consisting of a sales centre for the proposed apartment and townhouse development and accessory parking on the portion of municipally-owned property at 11489 84 Avenue for a period of one year.
The proposed replacement of the Firehall Centre For The Arts will undergo a separate consultation, design and approval process and more information on the proposal will be provided as details become available.
Reports and Related Documents
- July 10, 2017
Council Report: Final Consideration and Adoption of Bylaws No. 7585, 7586 and 7637, Issuance of Development Variance Permit LU007852 and Development Permit LU007852 for 11489 & 11503 84 Avenue and 8447 & 8455 115 Street (H. Sharma & Associates Inc. – Delta Gardens)
- January 31, 2017
Public Hearing Presentations: Staff Presentation, Applicant's Public Hearing Presentation
- January 16, 2017
Council Report: Official Community Plan Amendment, Rezoning, Road Closure and Cancellation, Development Variance Permit, Development Permit, Temoirary Use Permit and SUbdivision at 11489 & 11503 84 Avenue and 8447 & 8455 115 Street (H. Sharma & Associates Inc. - Delta Gardens) On-Table Memorandum
Applicant Presentation #1 to Council (Barnett Dembek Architects)
Applicant Presentation #2 to Council (Fifth Avenue Real Estate Marketing)
- November 22, 2016
Public Information Meeting Applicant Presentation Boards - Architectural, Landscaping, Site Survey
- November 8, 2016
Second Public Information Meeting letter to residents
- June 30, 2016
Public Information Meeting letter to residents
- June 20, 2016
New Application Report (dated June 13, 2016)
New Application Update Presentation
Cultural Facility Replacement Presentation
- June 20, 2016
Public Information Meeting Applicant Presentation Boards - Architectural, Landscaping, Rendering Delta Presentation Boards - North Delta Arts Centre, Traffic Study Summary
The Corporation of Delta:
Jimmy Ho, Planner
Hari Sharma, H. Sharma & Associates Ltd.