Location: 5262 Ladner Trunk Road
File Number: LU008780
Residents are invited to attend a Public Information Meeting hosted by the City of Delta to learn and ask questions about this 62-unit mixed strata and rental apartment proposal. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 19 at the Ladner Community Centre (4734 51 Street) from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm. A copy of the notice can be viewed here.
The purpose of the application is to redevelop the subject property by replacing the existing 28-unit rental apartment with a new apartment building with four storeys of residential above one level of partial in-ground parking. A total of 42 strata and 20 rental dwelling units are proposed.
In order to facilitate this development, the following are required:
- An amendment to the Official Community Plan to allow a site specific increase in density from 120 units per hectare (49 units per acre) to 162 units per hectare (66 units per acre), under the Medium Density Residential (MDR) land use designation;
- Rezoning of the subject property from Comprehensive Development Zone No. 79 (CD79) to Comprehensive Development Zone No. 7 (CDZ7);
- A development variance permit to:
- reduce the minimum requirement for residential parking spaces,
- increase the maximum height from 4 storeys to 5 storeys,
- reduce the minimum required setbacks on the south, east and west sides; and
- A development permit for the form and character of multi-family residential development in the Ladner Village (LV1) Development Permit Area.
Brian Dagneault, Dagneault Planning Consultants Ltd.