Project Name: 8A Avenue Townhouses
(South Grove Homes)
Location: 5361, 5375, 5385 8A Avenue
File Number: LU008552
June 27, 2018: The application has been revised by removing the property at 846 53A Street from the proposal and reducing the total number of proposed townhouse dwelling units from 38 to 32. The proposed residential density of 38 uph (15 upa) remains the same. A variance for the height of a principal building in the Townhouse Residential 40 (RT40) zone is still being requested; however, overall height of the proposed three-storey buildings has been reduced by 0.5 m (2 ft) to 10.5 m (34 ft). The applicant’s request to vary the front setback on the 8A Avenue frontage has been withdrawn such that the proposal complies with the front setback requirements of the proposed zone. Drawings showing the revisions to site layout, building design, landscaping and tree retention can be viewed below.
The application involves a proposal to consolidate the three subject properties in order to develop 32 townhouse units in six buildings. The proposal also includes a request to acquire and consolidate a 115.1 m2 (1,239 ft2) portion of City-owned lands located to the east of the subject properties in exchange for a 117.9 m2 (1,269 ft2) portion of land from the northeast portion of the subject site for consolidation with Winskill Park.
Proposed Site Layout
Type: Official Community Plan Amendment, Rezoning, Development Variance Permit and Subdivision
- Official Community Plan Amendment:
- To change the land use designation of the subject properties in the Future Land Use Plan in Schedule A from One and Two Unit Residential (R) to Multi-Unit Residential (MR).
- To change the land use designation of the subject properties in the Tsawwassen Area Plan in Schedule D from Single Family Residential (SFR) to Residential Ground-Oriented (RG) in order to allow the proposed townhouse use at a density of 38 uph (15 upa).
Development Variance Permit:
- To rezone the subject properties from Single Detached Residential 1 (RS1) to Townhouse Residential 40 (RT40) zone in order to permit the development of 32 townhouse units on the subject site.
- Request a development variance permit to vary the maximum permitted height for a principal structure in the RT40 Townhouse Residential 40 zone as follows:
- By increasing the maximum number of storeys for a principal structure from 2 ½ to 3; and
- By increasing the maximum height of a principal structure:
- to the mid-roof or top of a flat roof from 8 m (26 ft) to 9.75 m (32 ft), and
- to the roof ridge for a pitched roof from 9.5 m (31 ft) to 10.5 m (34 ft).
- To consolidate the three subject properties and the portion of City-owned lands to be acquired in the proposed land exchange into a single parcel for development.
Reports and Related Documents
Satish Sharma, Maple Leaf Homes (Delta) Ltd.