Project Name: KinVillage Redevelopment
Location: 5410, 5430 & 5440 10 Avenue and 1050 54A Street
File Number: LU008648
The application is to amend Delta’s Official Community Plan by changing the land use designation of the addresses listed above from Medium Density Residential (MDR) to Mixed Use (Tsawwassen - KinVillage).
KinVillage Association is applying for this change in land use designation to allow long-term redevelopment of the existing KinVillage site with the following features:
- Principal uses – seniors’ rental apartments, seniors’ congregate (assisted) housing, community care facility
- Secondary uses – pharmacy, clinical services, neighbourhood café, childcare facility
- Maximum residential density – 300 units per hectare (121 units per acre)
- Maximum building heights – 4 and 6 storeys
Proposed Site Layout
Application Type: Official Community Plan Amendment
Official Community Plan Amendment:
- To change the land use designation of the subject properties in the Future Land Use Plan in Schedule A from Multi-Unit Residential (MR) to Mixed Use (MU).
- To change the land use designation of the subject properties in the Tsawwassen Area Plan in Schedule D from Medium Density Residential (MDR) to Mixed Use (Tsawwassen - KinVillage) in order to allow the proposed residential use at a density of 300 uph (121 upa).
This application would only amend the Official Community Plan at this point. This phased redevelopment would require subsequent rezonings once detailed site and building plans were confirmed.
Reports and Related Documents
Graham Plant, CPA Development Consultants