Third Reading and Referral to the Provincial Agricultural Land Commission
At the Special Meeting following the Public Hearing on July 26, 2016, Delta Municipal Council gave the project Bylaws Third Reading. Council also referred the application to exclude the property at 7969 Highway 91 Connector from the Agricultural Land Reserve and the application to include the property at 7007 Highway 91 into the Agricultural Land Reserve to the Provincial Agricultural Land Commission for their consideration.
View a copy of the application process summary.
The Municipal Council of The Corporation of Delta held a Public Hearing on July 26, 2016, in accordance with the Local Government Act, on proposed Bylaws No. 7505, 7506, and 7507, Development Permit LU007455, Agricultural Land Reserve exclusion application and Regional Growth Strategy amendment request pertaining to the MK Delta Lands Group Industrial development application at 7969 Highway 91 Connector, and Agricultural Land Reserve inclusion application at 7007 Highway 91.
View a copy of the Public Hearing Notice.
View a copy of the Public Hearing Memo, dated July 19, 2016.
View a copy of the Public Hearing Memo, dated July 25, 2016.
View the Public Hearing Information Boards.
Council Meeting Summary
On Monday, June 20, 2016, Council considered the MK Delta Lands Group Industrial development application for the property at 7969 Highway 91 Connector and request to include the property 7007 Highway 91 (Lot B) into the Agricultural Land Reserve. Council gave the Bylaws for the application first and second readings. Click here for a copy of the Council Report and the applicant's presentation.
The application has submitted an application to include Lot B, the 78.1 ha (93 ac) property at
7007 Highway 91, into the Agricultural Land Reserve.
Public Consultation Summary
A multi-Committee Meeting was held on May 26, 2016 at the Kennedy Seniors’ Centre. The following committees of Council were in attendance: “Invest in Delta” – Mayor’s Standing Committee, Agricultural Advisory Committee, Community Planning Advisory Committee, Environment Advisory Committee, Heritage Advisory Commission, Parks, Recreation and Culture Commission, and Transportation Technical Committee.
Location: 7969 Highway 91 Connector (Lot 4)
File No: LU007445
The application involves a request to create a master-planned industrial subdivision on the property at 7969 Highway 91 Connector. The following are components of this application:
- Agricultural Land Reserve Exclusion
Agricultural Land Reserve Inclusion
- To exclude the entire 62.7 ha (155 ac) property at 7969 Highway 91 Connector from the Agricultural Land Reserve.
Regional Growth Strategy Amendment
- To include a 78.1 ha (193 ac) property at 7007 Highway 91 (Lot B) into the Agricultural Land Reserve.
Official Community Plan Amendment
- To amend the regional land use designation in the Regional Growth Strategy from Agriculture to Industrial; and
- To amend the Urban Containment Boundary in the Regional Growth Strategy to include the subject property.
Sewer Area Extension
- To change the land use designation in Schedule A of Delta’s Official Community Plan from A Agricultural to I Industrial; and
- To amend the Regional Context Statement Map in Schedule A of Delta’s Official Community Plan by changing the land use designation from Agriculture to Industrial.
- To include the subject property in Delta’s Sewer Area Bylaw and in Metro Vancouver’s Fraser Sewerage Area.
- To rezone the subject property from I3 Extraction Industrial to a new industrial zone that would permit the following types of uses: large distribution and logistics centres (e.g. warehouse, wholesaling, distribution and storage buildings), goods handling, equipment repair and servicing operations, light manufacturing and processing industries, transportation, communication and other utility uses, offices, trade schools, and eating and drinking establishments.
- As part of the application, design guidelines would be prepared to address appropriate environmental buffers as well as site and building design criteria that reflect the location of the project in proximity to the Burns Bog Ecological Conservancy Area.
The applicant is also proposing a list of community amenities that are proposed to be provided should the application be approved. Proposed amenities involve land transfer of Lots A, B and C, a total of 132.8 ha (328 ac) as shown on the location map, to The Corporation of Delta for protection from further development, and financial contributions.
Development Permit for Streamside Protection and Enhancement
- The property is located within the development permit area for Streamside Protection and Enhancement. Compliance with environmental regulations is required.
- To subdivide the subject property into 9 industrial lots ranging in size from 3.2 ha to 9.3 ha (7.9 ac to 22.9 ac).
Joanne Barnett, MK Delta Lands Group
Odete Pinho, Planning Consultant