The 109B Street (84 Avenue to Brooke Road) Roadway and Utility Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighborhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along 109B Street include:
- Roadway widening to Delta’s local road standard;
- New 1.5m sidewalk on the west side from 84 Avenue to Brooke Road;
- New rollover curb and gutter on the west and east side of 109B Street;
- New LED ornamental street lighting;
- Roadway rehabilitation;
- Drainage improvements as necessary.
For more information, please see the preliminary plan approved by Council.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project: Road Construction Process
Roadway and Utility Improvements for 109B Street from 84 Avenue to Brooke Road are scheduled to begin in spring 2019 and to be completed by summer 2019.
The first Public Information Meeting was held on June 22, 2016. The second Public Information Meeting was held on January 17, 2019 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at Richardson Elementary School.