The 10A Avenue (Bayview to 53A Street) Roadway and Utility Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along 10A Avenue include:
- Roadway widening along 10A Avenue to Delta's local road standard (9.0m wide road width);
- Construction of new sidewalk on the north side of 10A Avenue;
- New rollover curb and gutter on the north and south side of 10A Avenue;
- Drainage improvements as necessary;
- New LED ornamental street lighting;
- Curb bulges along 10A Avenue at Wilmington Drive, 50B Street, 51 Street, 51A Street and, 52A Street; and
- Roadway rehabilitation within the project limits.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project: Road Construction Process.
Construction for the 10A Avenue Roadway Improvement project is tentatively scheduled as follows:
A Public Information Meeting was held on October 16, 2012 to discuss the proposed design and construction timelines.
A second mail out was sent on December 03, 2012 to inform the residents of the changes in the design of 10A Avenue improvements. Based on the resident feedbacks, numerous changes were made to the design, such as curb extensions to reduce travel speed along 10A Avenue. For more information, please review the revised preliminary plan design and photo renderings (see below).
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email the Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.