47 Avenue (51 Street – Garry Street) Roadway and Utility Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
Proposed improvements along 47 Avenue include:
- New 1.5m concrete sidewalk on the south-side of 47 Avenue;
- 45 degree angle on-street parking on the south-side of 47 Avenue;
- Roadway widening to provide for a 12.0m road width and full depth repaving;
- New REACH Facility and Ladner Pioneer Library Parking Lot;
- Small water and storm main replacement at 51 Street; and,
- New LED street lighting along 47 Avenue.
For more information, please review the preliminary plan and photo renderings below:
Construction for the 47 Avenue project is scheduled for Spring/Summer 2017.
Public Information Meeting
A Public Information Meeting was held November 23, 2016 to discuss the proposed design and construction timeline.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email the Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.