The 48 Avenue Roadway Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along 48 Avenue include:
- Roadway widening along the south side of 48 Avenue west of 48B Street to provide on-street parking;
- New 1.5 m wide sidewalk along the south side of 48 Avenue with barrier curb and gutter including grassed boulevard strip;
- New decorative Ladner Village style street lighting along both sides of 48 Avenue;
- New boulevard trees;
- Drainage improvements as necessary;
- Roadway re-paving within the project limits.
A preliminary plan of proposed improvements is attached for information.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project: Road Construction Process.
Construction for the 48 Avenue project is tentatively scheduled for the Spring/Summer of 2017.
A Public Information Meeting was held on March 3, 2016. Poster boards from the public meeting are attached for information.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email the Engineering Department
or call 604-946-3260.