52 Street Roadway and Utility Improvements (12 Avenue to Spyglass Crescent)
The 52 Street Roadway and Utility Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along 52 Street include:
- Roadway widening on 52 Street between 12 Avenue and Spyglass Crescent to accommodate two travel lanes, two bike lanes, and intermittent parking;
- New sidewalk along the east side of 52 Street between Saratoga Drive to 100 metres north of Upland Drive with new barrier curb and gutter;
- New sidewalk along the west side of 52 Street between Cliff Drive to 50 metres north of Upland Drive with new barrier curb and gutter;
- Crosswalk upgrades at Belair Drive to include flashing amber beacons;
- New special crosswalk at the intersection of 52 Street and Saratoga Drive to include flashing beacons;
- Bus stop improvements;
- Decorative street lighting improvements and traffic signal improvements;
- New boulevard trees;
- Drainage improvements as necessary;
- Watermain upgrades; and,
- Roadway re-paving within the project limits.
A preliminary plan and photo renderings of proposed improvements are attached for information.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project:
Road Construction Process.
Before & After Photos
Roadway improvements for 52 Street from 12 Avenue to Highway 17 are tentatively scheduled to begin April 2018 and to be completed summer/fall 2018.
The first Public Information Meeting was held on May 4, 2016. Based on its results, a second Public Information Meeting was held on January 30, 2018 to update residents on the final design.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.