86 Avenue (116 Street – 120 Street)
The 86 Avenue (116 Street to 120 Street) Roadway and Utility Improvements project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
The proposed improvements along 86 Avenue include:
- Roadway widening along 86 Avenue to Delta’s local road standard (9.0m wide road width);
- New sidewalk along the north and south side of 86 Avenue;
- New rollover curb and gutter on the north and south side of 86 Avenue;
- New LED ornamental street lighting;
- New boulevard trees;
- Roadway rehabilitation;
- Watermain and sanitary main upgrades; and,
- Drainage improvements as necessary.
For more information, please review the preliminary plan
and photo renderings (below).
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project: Road Construction Process.
Photo Renderings (Before / After)
86 Ave West of 117 Street – facing West
86 Ave East of 117 Street – facing East
86 Ave West of 119 Street – facing East
Construction for the watermain and sanitary main along 86 Avenue project is tentatively scheduled for the winter/spring of 2018 and roadway improvements are to be completed in summer/fall of 2018.
A Public Information Meeting was held on November 30, 2016 to seek feedback from the residents on the design and make adjustments as necessary.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email the Engineering Department
or call 604-946-3260.