The Arthur Drive Improvement Project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community. The improvements along Arthur Drive are being constructed in three phases. The first phase (from Augustine House to 44 Avenue) was completed in 2016. For more information on the works included in the first phase of the project, please visit Arthur Drive (Augustine House – 44 Avenue).
The second phase of the project (from Deltaport Way to Augustine House) is scheduled to commence in Spring 2017. The works included in this phase are:
- Drainage and irrigation improvements;
- Slight roadway widening as necessary to accommodate two travel lanes and two cycle lanes;
- Street lighting improvements;
- Improvements to high ridership bus stops;
- Roadway repaving along Arthur Drive between Deltaport Way and Augustine House (repaving between Deltaport Way and 34B Avenue is dependent on the completion of Metro Vancouver’s watermain, which may not be completed until early 2018).
The third phase of the project (from 28 Avenue to Deltaport Way) is currently scheduled for 2018, subject to Council approval and Metro Vancouver’s watermain construction. The works included in this phase are:
- Watermain replacement;
- Roadway repaving;
- Street light improvements at 53 Street and 28 Avenue;
- Slight road widening.
Tentative construction phasing schedule is as follows:
- Summer 2017 – Road construction along Arthur Drive between Deltaport Way and Augustine House
- 2018 – Road and watermain construction along 53 Street/Arthur Drive between the 28 Avenue and Deltaport Way.
A Public Information Meeting was held on June 19, 2014.
Following receipt of resident feedback, the design was revised and is attached for your information.
For more information, please email the Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.