The road improvements phase began April 25, 2016, and includes removal and replacement of sidewalks, new street lighting, new stamped pedestrian crosswalks, road paving, and more. Once the road work is completed, new trees will be planted and landscaping will be completed.
- Phase one is almost complete. Beginning June 13th, the decorative street lights, trees, and shrubs will be installed.
- Delta Street is now open for the Ladner Village Market.
- Phase two began Thursday, June 9th, starting with the sidewalk on the west side of the street between Bridge Street and Trenant Street.
- To accommodate local traffic, the concrete crosswalk at the intersection of 48th Street and Delta Street will be installed at a later date.
Road construction work will continue to be completed on a block-by-block basis. Work began at the 47A Ave block and is moving towards Chisholm Street. The project is scheduled for completion in fall 2016.
Traffic & Parking Disruptions
Going forward during construction, parking on the impacted blocks will be temporarily disrupted; however, pedestrian access will be maintained as long as it is safe to do so. Please view this map to identify public parking in the area.
A project office located at 4811 Delta Street is now open and staff will be available to connect and answer questions. Feel free to call 604-946-0368 regarding any questions you may have.
Tuesday: 9 am–3 pm
Wednesday: 9 am–3 pm
Thursday: 9 am–3 pm
Friday: 9 am–3 pm
*These hours are subject to change as the project moves forward.
Delta Street Revitalization Concept
The Delta Street Roadway Revitalization (48 Avenue to Chisholm Street) project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and sidewalks in our community.
This project supports the vision of the South Delta Business Sustainability Strategy by revitalizing and investing in South Delta infrastructure and strengthening the village core.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project: Road Construction Process.
- Sidewalk replacements to improve grades and accessibility
- Removal and replacement of all boulevard trees and installation of root barrier system
- Decorative pedestrian plaza at the intersection of Delta Street and Bridge Street
- Decorative stamped/coloured pedestrian crosswalks at intersections
- New landscaping areas that include irrigation
- New bicycle racks, benches, decorative bollards, banner poles and garbage/recycling receptacles
- New LED decorative Ladner Village style street lighting (including hanging baskets with irrigation)
- New accessible power receptacles for community events and at each new tree for Christmas lighting
- New water fountains with hose bib and water bowl for dogs
- Sidewalk drainage improvements including storm sewer upgrades
- Watermain replacement
- Reconstruction of the pavement
Construction for the Delta Street Roadway Revitalization project started on January 18, 2016 and is expected to be complete in fall 2016.
The Delta Street Roadway Revitalization project was featured at the South Delta Infrastructure Improvements Public Open House on December 3, 2015.
For more information, please email Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.