The Ladner Trunk Road and 72 Street Intersection Improvements project aims to improve intersection safety and efficiency for vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians.
The proposed improvements at the intersection of Ladner Trunk Road and 72 Street include:
- Minor roadway widening along Ladner Trunk Road to provide dedicated bike lanes that connect to the new Highway 17;
- Bus stop accessibility improvements;
- Traffic signal and lighting improvements;
- New advanced warning flashers on Ladner Trunk Road in advance of traffic signal;
- Cyclist push buttons on 72 Street; and,
- Pavement rehabilitation on Ladner Trunk Road.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project - Road Construction Process.
Watermain and drainage works will begin in Spring 2016, followed by pavement and traffic signal improvement construction in late 2016.
For more information, please email the Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.