The Westminster Avenue Bridge Replacement project is part of Delta's Neighbourhood Road Improvements Plan, which was introduced in 2012 to address aging roads and bridges in our community.
The proposed Westminster Bridge Replacement Project includes:
- Closing Westminster Avenue Bridge and detouring traffic,
- Relocations of existing utilities within construction limits,
- Removal to treeswithin construction limits,
- Removal of existing Westminster Avenue Bridge and approach road pavement,
- Bridge foundation improvement with installation of timber piles,
- Construction of new Westminster Avenue Bridge and approachpavement,
- Installation of two new streetlights on the Elliott Street side of the bridge,
- New landscaping and street trees, and
- New watermain suspended alongside the new bridge.
Preliminary plans of proposed replacement structure are attached for information.
Learn about the typical stages of construction for this project: Road Construction Process.
Construction for the Westminster Avenue Bridge is tentatively scheduled for late Summer of 2018.
A public consultation meeting was held on March 1, 2016. Poster boards from the meeting are attached.
Reports and Related Documents
For more information, please email Engineering Department or call 604-946-3260.