Location: 5224 88 Street
File No: LU008099
A Public Hearing for this application was held on February 20, 2018, in accordance with the Local Government Act, on proposed Bylaws No. 7735 and 7736 and Development Permit LU008099 pertaining to the industrial business park application at 5224 88 Street. Council gave the Bylaws third reading at the Meeting Following the Public Hearing.
Council Meeting Summary
On Monday, February 5, Council considered the Parkwood industrial business park application for the property at 5224 88 Street. Council gave the Bylaws for the application first and second readings. Click here for a copy of the Council Report.
The purpose of this application is to create a master-planned industrial business park on the property at 5224 88 Street. The following are components of this application:
- Official Community Plan Amendment
To change the land use designation in Schedule A of Delta’s Official Community Plan from RSA Resource Study Area to I Industrial.
To rezone the subject property from I3 Extraction Industrial to I2 Heavy Industrial.
As part of the application, design guidelines would be prepared to address appropriate environmental buffers as well as site and building design criteria that reflect the location of the project in proximity to the Burns Bog Ecological Conservancy Area and farmlands.
- Development Permit for Streamside Protection and Enhancement
The property is located within the development permit area for Streamside Protection and Enhancement. Compliance with environmental regulations is required.
To subdivide the 66 ha (163 ac) subject property to create an industrial business park. The number of lots and lot dimensions are to be determined.
Report and Related Documents
Note that these documents are in draft form and subject to change. Final versions will be posted when available.
- Conceptual Subdivision Plan
- Public Realm Plan
- Environmental and Agricultural Buffer Cross Sections
- Draft Technical Reports
- Agricultural Impacts Study dated January 24, 2018 (PGL Environmental Consultants)
- Agrologist Report for 5224 88 Street dated June 2017 (PGL Environmental Consultants)
- Assessment of Environmental Resources and Potential Impacts Report dated March 14, 2017 and Addendum dated January 9, 2018 (Envirowest Consultants Inc)
- Geotechnical Report dated April 7, 2017 (Geopacific Consultants Ltd)
- Lighting Report dated December 4, 2017 (DMD & Associates Ltd)
- Noise Impact Assessment dated January 16, 2018 (BKL Consultants Ltd) and Assessment of Noise Impacts dated January 24, 2018 (Envirowest Consultants Inc)
- Sewer Collection System Hydraulic Modeling and Impact Analysis dated January 10, 2018 (GeoAdvice Engineering Inc)
- Stormwater Management Concept dated November 14, 2017 (GMV Engineering)
- Traffic Impact Assessment dated January 26, 2018 (Bunt & Associates)
- Tree Evaluation Report dated February 3, 2017 (Mike Fadum and Associates Ltd)
- Water Distribution System Hydraulic Modeling and Impact Analysis dated January 12, 2018 (GeoAdvice Engineering Inc)
Please note that these documents are in draft form and subject to change. Final versions will be posted when available.
Adam Donnelly, The Beedie Group Developments Ltd.