The South Delta Business Sustainability Strategy is a detailed report that sets an action plan for business leadership organizations, business owners, commercial property owners, and the City of Delta to pursue the long-term viability of the South Delta business community in light of the Tsawwassen Mills and Tsawwassen Commons developments on Tsawwassen First Nation land.
Key Ladner recommendations include:
- Leverage the heritage feel
- Create design guidelines for developer certainty
- Increased density, particularly in the waterfront precinct
- Continued focus on attractive, pedestrian-friendly design
- Delta's 'Buy Local' campaign is part of the South Delta Business Sustainability Strategy
Key Tsawwassen recommendations include redevelopment of the town core, focusing on:
- Increased density through mixed use development
- Improved walkability
- Condensed commercial area
- Attractive public realm
View the complete South Delta Business Sustainable Strategy to review planned short- and long-term action items.
For further information or questions, please contact Delta's Corporate Services department at 604-946-3218 or by email.