Public Information Meeting - Block A Tsawwassen Town Centre Mall
Oct 05, 2017
The Corporation of Delta is hosting a Public Information Meeting for the proposed development at 1219 56 Street (on a portion of the property shown as Block A on the location map below). The proposal is for a 6-storey mixed-used building with a density of 237 units per hectare (96 units per acre) that includes 1,090 m2 (11,733 ft2) of commercial floor area on the ground floor and 79 rental apartment units above. You are invited to attend the meeting, which will be held:
Date: Thursday, October 19, 2017
Time: 4 pm - 7:30 pm (Open House)
Location: South Delta Recreation Centre (Hall A & B), 1720 56 Street, Tsawwassen
The purpose of this meeting is to provide information on the application and answer questions. Display boards that provide current information about the application will be provided for viewing. Staff will be available to answer questions between 4:00 pm and 7:30 pm.
Key Application Facts
The application involves the following:
- A request to rezone a 0.33 hectare (0.8 acre) portion (Block A) of the subject property from C1 Core Commercial to a Comprehensive Development Zone to permit a 6-storey mixed-use building. The majority of the required parking for the proposed building would be provided underground.
- A Development Variance Permit to vary the following:
- Reduce the total number of required parking spaces from 189 to 169 for the proposed mixed-use building on Block A.
- Reduce the width of parking spaces from 3 m (10 ft) to 2.75 m (9 ft) when adjacent to a column for the proposed mixed-use building on Block A.
- Reduce the number of required parking spaces for the remainder portion of 1219 56 Street containing the Tsawwassen Town Centre Mall from 310 to 307.
- The property is located within the Tsawwassen Town Centre (SD1-A) Development Permit Area.This development permit area contains guidelines for the form and character of the buildings and landscaping.
- Subdivision of a 0.33 hectare (0.8 acre) portion of the subject property (the Tsawwassen Town Centre Mall) to create proposed Block A.
Application File Number: LU007989
Applicant: Century Group Lands Corporation
Additional information on the Block A proposal can be found on Delta’s website: www.delta.ca/TTCBlockA
Have questions or comments? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Community Planning & Development Department at (604) 946.3380.