Delta's Heritage Advisory Commission (HAC) Scholarship is awarded annually to a graduating high school student residing in Delta. This scholarship is provided in an effort to encourage students to display an interest in local or regional heritage, as demonstrated through an original piece of work. The scholarship is valued at $2,000 and is applied to a student's post-secondary studies (valid for all post-secondary institutions, including colleges, universities, technical and trade school programs, art schools, or any other career oriented coursework or program).
The Heritage Advisory Commission (HAC) encourages our youth to discover, promote and protect our heritage, and recognizes the importance of higher education in its mandate to promote public education and awareness in the area of local and regional heritage, conservation and preservation.
To view past recipients of the Delta Heritage Scholarship please see the Heritage Grants and Awards page.
Eligibility and Scholarship Criteria
The HAC Scholarship is available to:
- Resident of Delta
- Grade 12 student at a Delta high school
- The scholarship is valid for all post-secondary institutions, including colleges, universities, technical and trade school programs, art schools, or any other career-oriented coursework or program
Scholarship Application Checklist
- Completed scholarship application form (below)
- An original, official high school (Grade 11 and 12) transcript (faxed & photocopied submissions will not be accepted)
- The scholarship is based on an original project prepared by the student, which documents local or regional heritage. Any of the following media may be used:
- Visual art or craft
- Web design
- Audio or video productions
- Interactive game (computer game/mobile app)
- Stage or theatrical presentation (recorded)
- A typewritten statement describing the significance of the heritage story told through the project, the research undertaken as part of the project and how it conveys an understanding of local or regional heritage