First elected to Delta Council in 2005, Councillor Jeannie Kanakos is passionate about this community and serving the citizens of Delta.
Jeannie has provided leadership on the Heritage, Community Planning, and Environment Advisory Committees. She has also contributed to steady fiscal management through both the Standing Committee on Finance and the Community Grants Funding Committee. Jeannie serves as Delta’s Alternate on the Fraser Valley Library Board; an important role for Jeannie, as she is an advocate for reading and literacy.
Jeannie and her husband Nick have lived in Delta for 38 years. Together they raised four children and have been active in Delta school and community sports. Jeannie obtained a Master’s Degree at Simon Fraser University specializing in Canadian and BC history. She is also a certified negotiator through the Justice Institute of BC.
- Deltassist Family & Community Services Society, Council Liaison
- Delta Child and Youth Committee, Alternate Council Liaison
- Fraser Valley Regional Library Board of Directors, Director
- Metro Vancouver Board of Directors, Director
- Metro Vancouver Indigenous Relations Committee, Member
- Parks, Recreation and Culture Commission, Voting Member