Delta’s social service agencies will continue to provide support to those in need; however, some programs have been cancelled or modified to comply with recommended COVID-19 protocols and associated changes in our community. Call 211 or visit bc211 website to find the services you are looking for in Delta.
- North Delta Food Bank - The Surrey Food Bank distributes food hampers in North Delta every 2nd Tuesday from 10:00 am to noon at the Northside Community Church located at 11300 84 Avenue. To find information on the next scheduled food bank event or to register to receive a hamper, visit the Surrey Food Bank website or call 604-581-5443. You must be a registered client to receive a food hamper.
- South Delta Food Bank - Distributes food hampers on Wednesday mornings each week at Lighthouse Church located at 5545 Ladner Trunk Road. Deliveries possible for those unable to come in person. For more information or to register for this service, visit the South Delta Food Bank website or call 604-946-1967.
- Deltassist - Also provides food services support to Delta residents in crisis situations. For assistance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-594-3455.
Some local groups are offering food support during this challenging time:
- Guru Nanak Food Bank - GNFB is offering food hampers to families every two weeks. Open every day. Call for more information and hours of operations: 604-780-2573, 604-537-1440 or 236-313-1984. Address: 101 - 15199 68 Ave, Surrey, BC. To access services, fill out an online form.
- Free Hot Pre-packaged Vegetarian Meals - available every day at 101-15199 68 Ave, Surrey, BC (a truck with hot meal packages at the plaza).
United Way Community Builder - Call Yvette Henry 604-818-3179 for grocery shopping, a friendly phone call, and other help. Email: email@example.com
Muslim Food Bank and Community Services Society - Call 1-866-248-3868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a one-time delivery to seniors or vulnerable clients of any cultural background. Clients must provide a name, phone contact, and address for delivery. Click here for more information.
Earthwise Society & Delta Food Coalition (DFC) - Call 604-946-9828 or email email@example.com
Students and Families of Delta School District 37 - Contact your school to sign up for the school backpack program (includes back to school supplies) or for gift cards and other food emergency supports available to families in need. Regular breakfast and lunch programs are running in various programs.
Northside Community Church and Mamas for Mamas - Call 604-594-0522, the “Baby Depot” for formula, diapers, etc. delivered to families in need. Weekly food hamper offered on Fridays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.
Young Mums Group - A virtual support group for mothers 25 and under offered on Thursdays. Donations of formula, diapers, etc. are sometimes available; lunch is provided at in-person meetings. Call Roxanna 604-591-9262 or email RClark@bgcbc.ca for information or to sign-up.
An Extreme Weather Response (EWR) Shelter is available in Delta from November 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021. Learn more about where it is located and when it is open. For emergency shelter housing call 604-599-8900.
- Delta's Seniors Support Coordinator connects people ages 50+ to services and resources in the community. Our Seniors Support Coordinator is available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 8:30am to 4pm. To book an appointment, call 604-787-1242, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the Seniors Distress Line: 604-872-1234 by Seniors First BC.
View the Senior Services Directory which includes a list of other contacts and services in the community to assist seniors with questions or concerns.
Mental Health Supports
- Fraser Health Crisis Line: For anyone who needs immediate, free, and confidential emotional support, crisis intervention and/or community resource information 24-hour, call 604-951-8855 or 1-877-820-7444
- BC Mental Health Support Line (24-hour): 604-310-6789
- The Vancouver Crisis and Intervention Centre: 604-872-3311
- Seniors Distress Line: 604-872-1234
- BC 1-800-SUICIDE Line: 1-800-784-2433
- 24-hour culturally-aware crisis support line for Indigenous Peoples in BC: 1-800-588-8717
- Online Chat Service for Youth: www.YouthInBC.com (Noon to 1am)
Online Chat Service for Adults: www.CrisisCentreChat.ca (Noon to 1am)
- Supports for Youth: Phone and Online Chat
- Virtual Mental Health Supports
- Anxiety Canada
Local Support Groups
- Little House Addiction Treatment and Counselling: provides limited FREE counselling to those suffering from substance use disorders.
- Deltassist: provides FREE counselling for adults/youth and supports for seniors. Call 604-594-3455 or email email@example.com
- REACH Child and Youth Development Society: family respite and counselling for those with different needs.
- Online Community Mindfulness Group: offered by Alongside You Counselling; focused on helping members of the community check and process their feelings during COVID-19 in a safe and secure clinical setting. Weekly, every Thursday, 7:00 – 7:30 pm.
- Support Groups for Moms: offered on a weekly basis by Pacific Post-Partum Support Society.
- Counselling in Multiple Languages: low cost counselling, offered through Moving Forward Counselling. Call 778-321-3054.
- Volunteer with Deltassist. People are needed to shop and deliver food to Delta residents.
- Donate directly to Deltassist and the South Delta Food Bank to maintain current services, and increase delivery of food to those who cannot get to the food banks. Deltassist is also coordinating donations from people and businesses in the community. Contact Deltassist at 604-594-3455 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read the handout Protection for Unsheltered People for advice on protecting yourself and others from COVID-19.
- Contact Deltassist at 604-594-3455 or Options 604-599-8900 to learn more about housing/shelter options.
- Information about how drug users can protect themselves and others against COVID-19 can be found in this Harm Reduction handout.
- Little House Addiction Treatment and Counselling: provides limited FREE counselling to those suffering from substance use disorders
- The Dan’s Legacy Foundation: provides therapeutic counselling and life-skills programs to youth battling trauma-based mental health and addictions issues.
- Deltassist: provides various substance use services, including one to one and group counselling
- PCRS Counselling:
- (1) Astra program supports Fraser Valley youth 13-24 who would like to change their relationship with alcohol. Call at 604-836-6273;
- (2) The Prevention and Health Promotion program supports youth aged 13-19 years to prevent substance misuse. Call the Team Lead at 604-812-5084
- Foundry BC: online and phone supports for young people ages 12-24.
If you think you have symptoms of COVID-19, visit Thrive Health for a self-assessment tool and call 8-1-1 if prompted. For non-medical questions about COVID-19 call the Public Health Agency of Canada (1-833-784-4397) or the BC Government (1-888-COVID19 or 1-888-268-4319).