Occasionally, animals in shelter require temporary foster placement. By welcoming an animal in need into your home, you will make a positive impact for that animal and its future. Foster homes are difficult to find and if you can help, we encourage you to register by completing a Volunteer Form and Foster profile.
Foster care is important to the following animals:
- Pregnant cats
- Orphaned kittens
- Cats with newborn kittens
- Cats that require isolation to recover from a "kitty cold"
- Feral cats that require socialization
- Dogs requiring reduction of stress, or socialization
- Animals recovering from medical procedures or requiring medical care
- Emergency foster care for animals surrendered to the shelter that require 24 hour observation