The purpose of the Advisory Design Panel is to provide advice to Council on matters related to the design and construction of buildings and other development within the Municipality, as referred by Council.
The Panel will, consistent with the general purpose described above, report and provide recommendations to Council with respect to the following:
1. All applications for Rezoning, Development Permits and/or Building Permits with the following noted exceptions:
- Building Permit applications for detached single-family residential housing, unless requested otherwise by Council.
- Applications which do not require the issuance of a Development Permit or a Zoning Amendment.
- Applications for commercial buildings which do not exceed 460 square metres (5,000 sq.ft.) in floor area and applications for industrial buildings which do not exceed 930 square metres (10,000 sq.ft.) in floor area.
2. Applications including the construction of multi-family residential buildings, cluster housing, industrial buildings, commercial and public buildings, (including schools, hospitals, libraries and Municipal Buildings) referred to the Panel with the exceptions noted in Clause 1.
3. All site aspects of a development proposal including landscaping, site circulation, site finishing, as well as the compatibility of the proposal with existing development in the area thereof.
4. All preliminary building plans including a floor plan, plans for elevation, cross-sections and exterior finishes and colours.
5. Matters of general interest upon which Council may be required to deliberate from time to time, and including such items as fences and landscaping, etc., and other items which the Panel in their opinion and deliberations or observations feel might be enhanced by their recommendations.
Application Guide and Form
Please view the Application Guide and Form (73 KB) for detailed information regarding application requirements and processing procedures.
The ADP meets the fourth Thursday of each month. Note: Meeting dates are subject to change and should be confirmed by calling 604-952-3531 or 604-946-3228.
The Committee shall consist of five (5) members and one (1) alternate member appointed or as otherwise directed by Council, who shall serve without compensation as follows:
- Voting Members:
- Three shall be members of either the Architectural Institute of British Columbia or the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
- Two shall be members of the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects
- Alternate Voting Member:
- The alternate voting member shall be a member of either the Architectural Institute of British Columbia, the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, or the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects. The alternate voting member is to be called upon on occasions when it is not possible to achieve a quorum of the voting members.
- Non-Voting Members:
Non-voting members from the following departments may be appointed by Council from time-to-time to provide professional opinions in any advisory capacity to the Committee:
- Community Planning and Development
- Engineering Department
- Parks, Recreation and Culture Department
- Delta Police
- Delta Fire and Emergency Services
- Clark Kavolinas
- Clive Mason
- Ron McIntyre
- Hal Owens
- Ritti Suvilai
- Namrta Mathur – Alternate
Laura Ryan, Senior Planner
*Note: There is no Council member appointed to this committee