Special Event Permit
Special events include:
- Parades (Marching Bands, Floats, Farmers' Markets, Bazaars),
- Race Events (Triathlon, Bike race, Soapbox Derby),
- Block Parties (Wedding parties, Neighbourhood BBQ's), and
- Signs (Community events, Sports Clubs' registrations).
A Highway Use Permit (HUP) is required to host a Special Event. The total charge for a HUP is $100 plus applicable taxes.
Applications for a HUP for Special Events must include the following:
- HUP Application form (229KB)
- Insurance Certificate naming The Corporation of Delta as co-insured for general liability of $2 million. For Block Parties, applicants can take out a special insurance coverage under The Corporation of Delta's Parks and Recreation Department's Special Events insurance
- Events where alcohol may be served require special permits from Delta Police
- Applicants should review their traffic management plans with Delta's Engineering Department staff in the early stages of their event planning
Applicants are also required to obtain the relevant Delta bylaws to ensure their application is in compliance.
Police, Fire, Ambulance, Transit and other agencies are notified of the event when necessary.