Secondary Suites

Delta's Secondary Suite Program

Legalizing a Secondary Suite

All applications to install or legalize an existing Secondary Suite will require a building permit issued through the Community Planning & Development Department. The Community Planning & Development Department can be reached at 604-946-3380 or through TalkDelta.

The requirements to legalize a secondary suite through the Community Planning & Development Department can be found here.

For secondary suite parking requirements, see the Secondary Suite Parking Guide.

Secondary Suite Hotline

If you have a question or concern regarding a secondary suite, please call the Secondary Suite Hotline: 604-952-3159.

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand all

Secondary Suite Non Rental Annual Declarations

Expand all

Water Meters

Expand all
  • Why does a water meter have to be installed on my property?
  • Is the water meter for the secondary suite only or the entire property?
  • What are the benefits of a water meter?

Garbage and Recycling

Secondary Suite Search

Use the tool below to search for Delta properties with a valid business licence to operate a secondary suite.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided by this inquiry is for general information and convenience purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, the City of Delta makes no representations or warranties about the completeness, accuracy, reliability or suitability of the information for your purposes.

  • Homes & Development

    Need a building or plumbing inspection?

    Book today

  • Subscribe to our Newsletter

    Click Here
  • Find a Program/Activity