Common Water & Sewer Concerns

Please call the Engineering Department at 604-946-3260 for help with the following:

  • Ditch in-fill needed
  • Effluent spilling from sewer
  • Damaged/blocked culvert
  • New connection needed
  • Need help finding a water/sewer connection
  • Spill of unknown substance in drainage ditch, storm drain or other waterway  

Report a Flood Problem

If you encounter flood problems or observe any flooding occurring on municipal property, please call 604-946-4141.

Backed-up Sink or Toilet

You are responsible for the sewer line from your property to the main connection. Before calling Delta:

  1. Try using a plunger.
  2. If a plunger doesn't work, check if the sewer line is plugged or damaged. You can do this yourself or call a plumber.
  3. If the plumber is unsuccessful at clearing the line, call Engineering at 604-946-3260.

Low Water Pressure

If your home is experiencing low water pressure, you may want to check the Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV) to ensure that the screen in this unit is clean. Your PRV is cone-shaped and should be located at or near where the water service enters your house. See the instructions below on how to check your home's PRV. If low water pressure persists, please call a plumber.

Expand all
  • Procedure for Cleaning the Water Filter Screen of the Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV)
  • Upcoming Events

    Wednesday of Wonder
    December 13, 2017

    All Events

  • Services

    Do you have an emergency kit? Learn what essential items should be included. Get prepared!

    Learn More

  • Subscribe to our Newsletter

    Click Here
  • Find a Program/Activity