- Mark the ballot using a black pen or marker to fill in the oval next to the name of the candidate(s) of your choice.
You may vote for:
- Up to 1 mayor candidate
- Up to 6 councillor candidates
- Up to 7 school trustee candidates
Be careful not to have any smudge marks on the ballot. Re-fold the completed ballot and place it in the secrecy envelope (Envelope A) and seal the envelope. Over voted ballots will not be counted. Ensure you are only voting for the correct number of candidates.
- Complete and sign the certification envelope (Envelope B). Place the secrecy envelope (Envelope A) inside Envelope B and seal Envelope B.
- Place the certification envelope (Envelope B) along with any forms you may have completed in the outer envelope (Envelope C), seal Envelope C and return it to the Delta Elections Office.
If the mail ballot package is incomplete, the mail ballot will not be accepted.
A completed outer envelope (Envelope C) may be returned:
- In person to the Delta Elections Office (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.)
- by mail to the Office of the City Clerk, 4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2
It is the responsibility of the voter to ensure that their completed mail ballot is received before 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 15, 2022. If you are returning your mail ballot by mail, please allow adequate time for Canada Post to deliver it prior to the deadline.
Mail ballot packages received after 8:00 p.m. on October 15, 2022 will not be accepted. Post-marks will not be considered valid for return of completed ballots.