The Large Item Pick-Up Program is a flexible and reliable way for residents to dispose of large, bulky items like sofas, washing machines, ovens, and mattresses.
Pick-ups are scheduled through Remple Disposal by calling (604) 835-1792 or by emailing email@example.com. Please include your home address and list of all items to be collected in your email request.
Residents that receive curbside garbage collection services are eligible to dispose of up to four large household items throughout the year. The four items can be collected during one pick-up, or multiple pick-ups can be scheduled for a maximum of four per year. Each household's “item count” restarts on January 1 of each new year and unused collections cannot be carried over.
In order to have a large item collected, residents must schedule a pick-up appointment with our collection contractor– items placed curbside without a scheduled pick-up will not be collected. Details on how to schedule a pick-up are shown below.
Upon requesting a pick-up, our collection contractor will provide you with a designated pick-up day and request that your item(s) be placed curbside by 7:00am on the set day. In order to accommodate high call volumes and efficiently collect different types of materials, items are currently being collected on a rotating pick-up schedule, where items of the same category are scheduled for collection during the same week.
Small items are not accepted as part of the program and a combination of items can not be bundled to equal one large item. Please view the detailed list of accepted items below.
If your items are still in good working condition, please consider donating them to a local charity. Contact the BC Recycling Hotline for local donation options at 604-732-9253 or BC Recycles.
The Large Item Pick-Up Program began on March 1, 2021, and residents that receive curbside garbage collection services are eligible to have up to four large items picked up throughout the year.
To schedule a pick-up:
- Review the program restrictions. Failure to comply with the program guidelines may result in materials not being collected. See restrictions below.
- Review the list of accepted items to confirm that your item(s) is eligible for the program. See the full list of accepted items below.
- Pick-ups can be scheduled by emailing Remple Disposal or by calling (604) 835-1792. If you schedule a pick-up by email, be sure to include photos of your items and describe them in detail! In case you do not receive a reply, remember to check your spam folder and set an exception for the rempledisposal.com domain to avoid missing emails.
- After submitting your request, Remple Disposal will contact you to schedule a date for curbside pick-up. Please note that the Large Item Pick-Up Program does not follow the same schedule as weekly garbage collection services.
- Upon confirming your pick-up date, place your item(s) curbside no later than 7:00am on the scheduled collection day (items should not be placed curbside before the scheduled pick-up day).
Failure to comply with any of the program guidelines may result in material not being collected. Residents are responsible for removal of material not collected. Restrictions include:
- Items must be able to be handled by two people – items that cannot be handled by two people will not be collected.
- Items must be placed curbside on the scheduled pick-up day by 7:00am (items should not be placed curbside before the scheduled pick-up day).
- Mattresses and box springs must be dry, wrapped in plastic, and securely sealed before placing curbside at 7am on the scheduled pick-up day. This is to ensure that the items can be handled safely by crews and to prevent water/moisture from soaking into a mattress (wet mattresses can be extremely heavy and cannot be lifted by two people).
- Options for wrapping: Re-use the plastic wrap from your new mattress or box spring. Alternatively, plastic mattress bags can be found at local home improvement stores.
- Upholstered furniture must be dry.
- Items must be in one piece and not cut or broken into smaller pieces.
Mattresses and box springs (must be dry, wrapped in plastic, and securely sealed)
- Large plastic items
- Pool/hot tub covers
- Patio umbrella, etc.
Furniture (upholstered furniture must be dry)
- Wood bed frame
- Book shelf
- Plastic patio set
- Entertainment centre, etc.
- Washing machine
- Metal lawn furniture
- Hot water tank (empty)
- Refrigerators and freezers, etc.
- Items that cannot be handled by two people
- Wet or unwrapped mattresses and box springs
- Wet upholstered furniture
- Loose material
- Miscellaneous household items bagged or bundled
- Cut or broken down furniture
Recyclable items accepted as part of BC's Take-Back programs
- Electronics (televisions, computers, printers, audio and visual equipment, telephones, musical instruments, exercise machines, etc.)
- Small appliances (microwaves, vacuum cleaners, fans, kitchen counter top appliances, irons, hair dryers, etc.)
- Power tools
- Electronic and electric toys
- Light bulbs and light fixtures
- Paint products and hazardous liquids
- Outdoor power equipment
- Cell phones
- Household batteries
- Automotive batteries
- Motor Oil
- Glass items (e.g. mirrors, window glass, glass tables, etc.)
- Auto parts
- Liquids of any type
- Yard trimmings, stumps, dirt, rock and sod
- Propane tanks
- Construction, demolition and home renovation materials
- Counter tops, plumbing fixtures, kitchen cabinets, or drywall
- Toilets, bath tubs, sinks, or hot tubs
- Wood (clean or treated)
- Floor coverings (carpet, rugs, linoleum, tile, laminate, hard wood, etc.)
- Roofing materials
- Any item prohibited or banned from garbage disposal at the Vancouver Landfill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits to the Large Item Pick-Up Program:
- Pick-up of up to four large household items can be scheduled throughout the year.
- All items that can be recycled will be recycled!
- Mattresses will be accepted as part of the program; the annual Spring Clean-Up program did not accept mattresses.
- The program supports the health and safety of our community by not encouraging others to travel into the city to pick through discarded items.
- The program supports the health and safety of our collection crews by not requiring crews to work in larger groups and closer proximity like what is required during Spring Clean-Up.
Delta residents that receive single family curbside garbage collection services are eligible for the Large Item Pick-Up Program.
Residents that receive curbside garbage collection services are eligible to dispose of up to four individual large items throughout the year. For example, one mattress counts as one item – if two mattresses were collected, that would equal two items.
Small items are not accepted as part of the program. Furthermore, a combination of small items can not be bundled to equal one large item. For example, a bundle of garbage bags will not be accepted as one large item.
No. Small items are not accepted as part of the program and a combination of items can not be bundled to equal one large item. For example, a bundle of garbage bags will not be accepted as one large item.
Can your small items be donated? If items are still in good working condition, please consider donating them to a local charity. Contact the BC Recycling Hotline for local donation options at 604-732-9253 or bcrecycles.ca.
Yes! All items that can be recycled, will be recycled!
Yes! Mattresses and box springs will be accepted as part of the Large Item Pick-Up Program.
Yes! The Free Mattress Recycling Voucher Program is still available.
Single-family properties, secondary suites, and multi-family properties are eligible for one voucher per year. Visit our recycling page to learn more.