As required under the Community Charter, Delta prepares an Annual Report which provides an opportunity to communicate to residents the activities and financial statements from the preceding year.
- View 2021 Annual Report (Year Ended December 31, 2021)
- View 2020 Annual Report (Year Ended December 31, 2020)
- View 2019 Annual Report (Year Ended December 31, 2019)
- View 2018 Annual Report (Year Ended December 31, 2018)
- View 2018 Annual Report (Year Ended December 31, 2017)
- View 2017 Annual Report (Year Ended December 31, 2016)
Each year, the City prepares a five-year Financial Plan that includes the current year's budget and projections for the next four years. The Financial Plan determines the amount of municipal property taxes that must be collected each year in order to provide the planned services.
Council adopted the debt management policy in 2002, which includes:
- Move to "pay as you go" funding for the regular capital program
- Eliminate internal debt for the regular program
- On-going efforts to reduce borrowing costs
There has been no new debt since the 2003 Capital Plan. Referendum debt will be down to $0.3 million by the end of 2021. General debt was eliminated in 2018 and referendum debt will be eliminated by 2022.
The Statement of Financial Information is published annually and includes, for the year being reported, information regarding remuneration and expenses for Mayor and Council as well as for all employees earning greater then $75,000 and vendor payments exceeding $25,000 annually.
View the 2021 Statement of Financial Information.