Delta's Sign Bylaw establishes rules for the placement of signs on a property or building in Delta. This bylaw regulates the size, shape, height and location of signs.
What you need to know:
- There are special sign areas for Ladner Village, Tsawwassen Town Centre, Scott Road and the Nordel Social Heart. Please refer to the distinct sign regulations that apply to these areas as outlined in the Sign Bylaw.
- Comprehensive sign plans may be established for existing mixed-use, commercial or industrial developments. The plan is intended to coordinate all signs for a building, group of buildings or multi-tenant complexes. Where comprehensive sign plans have been approved, proposals for signage must comply with the established sign framework.
- Certain types of signs are prohibited such as billboards and rotating signs, see Section 4.2 of the Sign Bylaw.
- It is possible to apply for a Development Variance Permit to vary the sign bylaw.
- Apply for a Sign Permit below.