Delta's Building/Plumbing Bylaw applies to all construction, alteration, reconstruction, demolition, removal, relocation and occupancy of all new and existing buildings and structures. What you need to know:
- Applications for permits are reviewed for compliance with Delta's bylaws and provincial codes.
- On-site inspections are conducted to ensure the work is being done correctly and in accordance with the building permit.
- Successful completion of building and plumbing permits results in the building receiving an occupancy permit.
- This building permit becomes part of the permanent record in the property file. This information is important to future property owners since it assures them that the work was done in accordance with applicable zoning, health and life-safety regulations.
- Permits may be required prior to work and a variety of the permits below may be required as part of your project.
Gas and Electrical
Administration of safety standards and safe installation of electrical systems, gas, boiler and other technical equipment in British Columbia is delegated to Technical Safety BC. For more information and to learn more about compliance standards, contact Technical Safety BC.
Building Permit Statistics
The City of Delta makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, in respect of the accuracy, completeness or currency of the information. All information pertaining to building permits must be confirmed directly with the Community Planning and Development Department. The City of Delta shall not be liable for any damage whatsoever arising from any use of or reliance on any information included in or excluded from the list.