Development in Delta is guided by the City's bylaws and policies and subject to approval processes that may involve external agencies. Application processes are outlined in Delta's Development Application Procedures Bylaw and supplemented by provincial requirements in the Local Government Act as well as development approvals in other government jurisdictions.
Application Process Guides
Application process guides for established or common types of projects and proposals are provided below:
- Liquor Licence Applications
- Multi-Unit Residential Rezoning and Development Permit
- Single Detached Residential Rezoning and Subdivision
- Temporary Use Permit
- See Rezoning page for general information on rezoning processes
- See Subdividing & Stratifying page for general information on subdivision processes
- See Variances page for information on Development Variance Permits and the Board of Variance
- Sloped Lands Development Permit Interpretation Guide
- Streamside Protection and Enhancement (SPEA) Development Permit Application Guide
- Streamside Protection and Enhancement (SPEA) Development Permit Interpretation Guide
- Application Guide for Ladner Village Tax Exemptions and Fee Reductions
Have a development idea or proposal?
A number of development applications may be required to allow your proposed development. While Delta can refer certain applications directly to external governments or agencies for comment or approval, others are required to be submitted by the property owner directly to that authority. See below for further information.