Committees are established to provide advice to Council on specific matters of civic concern. Committees are advisory in nature and function within the authority set out in their terms of reference or by bylaw. Community members are appointed in a voluntary capacity to share local knowledge, expertise, and experience to specific areas of civic concern. For more information, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at 604-946-3220 or email@example.com.
Committees of Council
Chair: Councillor Alicia Guichon Vice-Chair: Councillor Rod Binder Membership: Two members of Council (Chair and Vice-Chair), and at least six community members. Length of Term: 1-year term
The Agricultural and Hunting Regulation Advisory Committee provides advice to Council on matters pertaining to agriculture and hunting. The Committee reports to Council as needed or annually. View the Terms of Reference here.
Chair: Stephen Knoblauch Membership: Five community members Length of Term: 3-year term
The Board is established and governed by Delta Board of Variance Bylaw No. 7356, 2014.
Application Guide and Form
For information regarding the Board of Variance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair: Vice-Chair: Councillor Dylan Kruger Membership: Three members of Council, and the Director of Economic Development and Stakeholder Relations. Length of Term: 1-year term
The Community Investment Committee provides advice to Council regarding economic development and investment in Delta. The Committee reports to Council as needed or annually. View the Terms of Reference here.
Chair: Trustee Val Windsor Vice-Chair: Mayor George V. Harvie Membership: Two members of Delta Council and two members of Delta Board of Education.
The Committee shall work to ensure effective communication between parties and make recommendations, and provide input and feedback to Council and the Board of Education on issues and opportunities of mutual interest, including matters related to:
- area and official community planning;
- communication and consultation;
- the environment;
- economic and promotional opportunities;
- land acquisition or disposition; and
- operation of facilities, joint programs, and services.
View the Terms of Reference here.
Chair: Councillor Dylan Kruger Vice-Chair: Councillor Jennifer Johal Membership: Three members of Council, and at least six community members. Length of Term: 1-year term
The Diversity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism Committee operates under the following principles:
- Recognizes that racism and discrimination exists in Delta.
- Provides space, respect, and thoughtful consideration for the views and perspectives of all members and contributors.
- Seeks to listen, learn, and recommend meaningful actions to Council, including in collaboration with the community when appropriate.
Consistent with its purpose and guiding principles, the Diversity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism Committee will provide advice to Council regarding:
- Recommended actions to promote anti-racism in the community.
- Recommended measures to improve diversity at the City of Delta.
- Recommended initiatives to increase community engagement around the issues of diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
- Other items as directed by Council.
The Committee reports to Council as needed or annually. View the Terms of Reference here.
Chair: Vice-Chair: Marcy Sangret, Deputy City Manager Membership: City Manager, staff representation, and up to seven community members. Length of Term: 1-year term
The Committee will provide advice to City of Delta staff about:
new City capital infrastructure projects with potential mobility and accessibility impacts;
opportunities to improve existing City infrastructure to enhance access and mobility;
programs to meet the needs of people with disabilities; and
other issues referred to the Committee by Council or the City Manager.
View the Terms of Reference here.