HOME SUITE HOME
Unlock Your Home’s Existing Secondary Suite Potential
The City of Delta offers a special pre-application service to homeowners of unapproved secondary suites. This service provides homeowners the option of having City of Delta Secondary Suite Ambassadors attend the secondary suite before the building permit process begins. The intent of this service is to help homeowners better understand the application process.
*LIMITED TIME OFFER*
Service fees are FREE of charge for the following:
* Pre-Application Service Fee
* Building Permit Application Fees
What You Need to Know
- A secondary suite cannot be strata-titled or sold.
- Only one secondary suite is permitted by the BC Building Code in a single detached dwelling, (house).
- A duplex may have two suites; however, only one suite is allowed per side and must be located in the lower part of the duplex.
- A City of Delta issued building permit is required before any secondary suite Fire & Life Safety upgrade works are conducted.
Secondary suites must meet the regulations of Delta's Zoning Bylaw and the BC Building Code, but are permitted in most single detached houses in Delta.
If you have questions about eligibility for or how to legalize a secondary suite, contact the Application Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-946-3380.
What You Need To Do
Approving an Existing Secondary Suite
All applications to approve an Existing Secondary Suite will require a building permit which is issued online at through the Development Department.