If you are 13 years of age or older, and love socializing and working with animals you may want to volunteer at the Delta Community Animal Shelter.
Requirements to volunteers are as follows:
- Volunteers 13-15 years of age must complete the Leaders of Tomorrow Level 1 program and volunteer with a legal guardian
- Volunteers under the age of 16 can work with the small animals and cats but not with the dogs
- Volunteers 16 - 18 years or older can volunteer in all areas of the shelter without a legal guardian present however they are unable to leave the property with a dog without a guardian.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to at least one 2 hour shift, once a week, for 6 months.
- There is a $20 charge of to cover the cost of the volunteer t-shirt with the proceeds going towards the care of the animals.
Your support and involvement is vital to the success of the shelter. Success to us means that we are able to offer each animal in our care a comfortable and healthy environment in which to live until they find their "forever home". We appreciate our volunteers as an extension of our team and community involvement is needed to make our shelter the best it can be.
- Sign up online
- Register for the Leaders of Tomorrow Level 1 program
- If you already have an account, login with your existing MyVolunteerPage.com username and password.