As of Wednesday, August 25, as per orders from the Provincial Health Officer, masks are required to be worn in all indoor public spaces.
This order requires people 12 years and older to wear masks in an indoor public setting, regardless of vaccination status.
- Delta City Hall
- Delta Parks, Recreation & Culture facilities, when not engaging in physical activity
- malls, shopping centres, coffee shops and retail and grocery stores;
- liquor and drug stores;
- restaurants, pubs and bars (unless seated);
- on public transportation, in a taxi or ride-sharing vehicle;
- areas of office buildings where services to the public are provided;
- common areas of sport and fitness centres when not engaged in physical activity;
- common areas of post-secondary institutions and non-profit organizations; and
- inside schools for all K-12 staff, visitors and students in grades 4-12.
Masks are not recommended for children under the age of two, but are encouraged for children aged two to 12 in public settings. Children older than 12 must wear a mask in a public indoor space, unless they are exempt.
People who cannot wear a mask or who cannot put on or remove a mask without the assistance of others are exempt.