Swim for Life swimming lessons programs are available this winter!
This winter, the City of Delta is introducing prerequisites for Swim for Life Lessons. All registrants must have the prerequisites recorded in our registration system in order to register in to the appropriate swim level.
If you are new to taking swimming lessons in Delta, or haven’t taken lessons with us since the start of 2023, bring in your old report card or take a swim assessment with one of our lifeguards to confirm appropriate level placement. If you have been taking lessons with us since January 2023, no action is required.
The City of Delta is introducing prerequisites for Swim for Life lessons in our registration system for Winter 2024 courses (registration opens for Delta Residents on Wednesday, November 29 at 9am). All registrants must have the prerequisites recorded in our registration system in order to register into the subsequent level. Swimmers will no longer be eligible to register in consecutive lesson sets without the required prerequisites.
For example, to register for Swimmer 02: registrants must have Swimmer 01 - Complete recorded under Activity Outcomes on their profile.
To find the participant’s Activity Outcomes: Login to your online account > click on My Info > Click on participant’s name > Scroll down to Activity Outcomes.
If you/the participant is currently registered in lessons ending in December, please read the important information below:
Winter registration opens before the end of the current lesson set. If you are registering for January lessons on November 29, you will only be able to register for the current level the participant is in:
- Example: Participant is currently taking Swimmer 01, they will only be eligible for Swimmer 01 courses in January
On the last day of lessons, participants will receive a report card indicating which level to register for next. If participant completes the level at the end of the lesson set, we encourage you to do one of the following actions:
- Register into an open spot in the subsequent level for January (if available), and withdraw from the completed level. Do not withdraw until you have a confirmed spot in the subsequent level.
Or, if there are no spots available:
- Keep your spot in the completed level, and waitlist for the subsequent level. Other participants may be in the same situation where they may need to withdraw to move to their next level. (Helpful tip – ensure you have an email address attached to the profile of each member of your family).
- During this transition, the Delta Aquatics team will do their best to support every participant’s skill level in the class they are registered in, or will make every effort to provide an alternative option for the subsequent level.
- Please bring participant’s report card to the first day of lessons and let the instructor know that you have passed the level in a previous set.
Registration can be done in-person, online, or by phone 604-952-3000.
On the last day of lessons, participants will receive a report card indicating which level to register for next. This report card can be taken to the front desk to register in-person, or registration can be done online, or over the phone at 604-952-3000.
If there are no open spots for the next level, please waitlist! Other participants may be in the same situation where they may need to withdraw to move to their next level. (Please ensure you have an email address attached to each member of your family).
Thank you for your patience as we navigate incorporating prerequisites into our registration system.
Find program descriptions and conversion charts for Parent & Tot, Preschool, School Aged, Teen, Adult, and Adapted programs at Delta.ca/SwimForLife.
Ensure that you are registering for the appropriate level this winter!