What makes a good city? Thriving economy? Complete communities? Visually-appealing architecture? Vibrant public life? Accessible public transportation? All of the above, but what makes a city great is its people, their ability to contribute to their communities, and the sense of belonging and connections that people create.
The City of Delta plays a prominent role in supporting social services infrastructure through the provision of parks and recreation services and development of social policies. The City also provides civic facilities to community partners at nominal/no cost and funds local agencies serving Delta’s vulnerable populations.
- Inventory of Social Service Providers in Delta: This inventory was developed by the City of Delta and contains more than 200 listings of social service providers in Delta. (Last updated in July, 2021)
- You Matter to Delta Pocket Guide: This pocket guide provides information about emergency supports and community services in Delta. Please click here to print (last updated in June 2022). Please click here to print in poster format.
- Feeding Delta, Community Food Resources: This brochure provides information about free and low-cost community food programs and services in Delta. Please click here to print the brochure (last updated in June 2023). Click here to view or print it in poster format. Both the brochure and poster are available to print in Punjabi (brochure, poster) and Arabic (brochure, poster).
- Rental assistance programs and mobile outreach teams serving Delta residents. Please click here to print (last updated in November 2023).
- bc211: a free, confidential, and multilingual 24/7 service that links people to resources for help (online, or by calling or texting 211).
- Deltassist – Find a Service: Deltassist maintains a database of the many organizations that provide services to Delta residents.
- DeltaKids: is a one-stop-info-shop listing of programs, services and events for children 0-12 years old in Delta.
- Community Health and Social Services – Fetch: Delta Division of Family Practitioners maintains a directory of community health and social services for residents in Delta.
- NewtoBC: an online directory of settlement services for newcomers for 27 communities in BC, including Delta.
The above linked documents are regularly updated and our goal is to have the most current and accurate information. Please contact the Social Planner (email@example.com) if you find an error, an omission or want to share further information.
Community Planning Tables
Social problems are becoming increasingly complex and often can not be approached in isolation or resolved by one agency. The nature of systemic, societal problems such as poverty, inequity, or overdose crisis requires unconventional approaches which do not follow a linear process from a problem to a solution. Addressing systemic problems requires engagement of stakeholders from different sectors and such coordinated approaches allow for multi-faceted solutions to problem solving.
There are various community planning tables in Delta that collectively work on comprehensive solutions to complex community issues. The tables bring together community partners and leverage the skills, knowledge, experience and resources of their members to better understand the problems from all angles and develop innovative made-in-Delta solutions: