Delta's Film Office provides fast one-stop service to make your filming experience in our community hassle-free and pleasant for our residents and your film crews.
All filming requests require a completed Film Permit Application Form, which should be emailed to the Film Office as far in advance as possible prior to the proposed commencement of filming. The application should contain as much information as is available at the time of submission. Please review the fee list below for information on municipal filming fees and other possible applications required.
- A Business Licence is not required for filming in Delta
- Noise Control Bylaw hours are 7am to 7pm, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, Saturdays, and no noise on Sundays or Statutory Holidays.
- Polling is required for filming, regardless of Noise Control Bylaw hours
- Cemetery film requests will not be approved. Filming is also not permitted in the Municipal Hall or Council Chambers
- Require a minimum of $5,000,000 in comprehensive General Liability insurance with The City of Delta as an additional insured
- Deposit refund will be mailed to the address listed under Production Company Information
- If a Hydrant permit is required, please fill out a Hydrant Use Permit Application Form and submit to email@example.com
- Electrical permits can be secured through Technical Safety BC
- Filming on ALR must comply with the Agricultural Land Reserve Use, Subdivision and Procedure Regulation
Film Permit Fees
- Film Permit: $101 plus applicable taxes
- Deposit Fee: $2,500
- Police Officer: $120.00 / hour
- Police Cruiser: $150.00 / day (vehicle associated with the police officer)
- Police Officer Travel Time: $60.00 / day (30 minutes of hourly rate)
- Call out: Minimum 4 hours
- Call out: Minimum 48 hours notice required for all requests and cancellations.
Total cost subject to 15% service charge plus applicable taxes.
Park and Municipal Land Usage
Variable, depending on location and amount of park facility used. For costs, please call 604-946-3260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Variable, subject to 15% service charge plus applicable taxes - no maximum.
Good & Services Tax (GST)
Delta's GST number is 121377592.
Hydrant Use Permit
Requests for a Hydrant Use Permit must be submitted 48 business hours prior to the Double Check Valve Assembly (DCVA) installation date in order to be accommodated. DCVA's will be installed by the City of Delta - direct hook ups are not permitted.
Water Meter Deposit:
Water (1st day use):
Water (Additional days):
|Estimated Water Use:||$816|
Rate per cubic metre:
Questions? We're here to help! Contact our Film Office directly by email or by phone at 604-946-3260.