To become a Snow Angel, you must be at least 18 years of age and older, or between the ages of 13 - 17 with adult supervision. Community groups are invited to join together. All Snow Angels must provide their own shovels.
- Excellent health with the physical ability to shovel snow
- You have your own snow shovel and a safe mode of transportation
- On call availability (we do understand you may not be available at all times)
- Successful Police Information Check for those ages 16+ by your local police Department (forms provided by the City of Delta, Volunteer Coordinator )
- Ages 13 – 17 are eligible if supervised by an adult 19+
- Create a volunteer profile
- Sign up and attend an information session or contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-946-3288
- Complete a registration form
- Choose a recipients address in your neighborhood that needs support
Police Information Check
- Delta needs to perform its due diligence; people who require snow shoveling may be frail or alone or otherwise open to being taken advantage of. A Police Information Check protects everyone involved.
- The Police Information Check must be conducted by the police force of your residence. IE. Delta residents visit Delta police stations. Surrey or Richmond residents must visit their local RCMP detachment. Completed forms are returned to Human Resources at Delta City Hall. Your successful Police Information Check will be recorded in Delta’s Volunteer Management system.
- Under new Federal laws, you may be asked for fingerprints and a processing fee. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator if you are asked for this.
- Sign up online
- If you already have an account, login with your existing MyVolunteerPage.com username and password
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call 604-946-3288